Everything you need to know before renting a car.
- Delivery and Collection of the vehicle:
We can deliver at and collect vehicles from any place in Crete, including Airports, Ports, Hotels, Airbnb houses, etc.
- All renters must hold a valid EU or International Driving License.
- Drivers must be 23+ years old, holding their license for at least 24 months, for car groups D,J, M, M1, P7, P9 and 21+ years old, holding their license for at least 12 months, for all other car groups.
- All cars are being thoroughly checked in Europe rent a car’s garage before each rental.
Europe rent a car rental prices always include:
- 100% Full Collision damage waiver with NO EXCESS (SCDW – 0€ Excess)
Full collision damage waiver (FDW) AND Wheels under side and glass insurance (WUG) with NO EXCESS. You will be fully relieved from the responsibility for ANY damage.
- Public Liability insurance (PLI)
- Third Party insurance (TPI)
- Theft and Fire Protection insurance (TP + FP)
- Personal accident insurance (PAI)
- Wheels, Underside and Glass insurance (WUG)
- Unlimited kilometers all over Crete.
- 24/7 Road Assistance all over the island
- 24/7 Customer service before, during and after the car rental.
- Replacement of the car in case of serious damage
- First additional driver is free of charge.
- All local taxes and VAT 24%
- Baby seat – Suitable for babies up to 12 months old with an additional charge of €2 / day and maximum charge 25,00 €
- Child seat – Suitable for children 1-4 years with an additional charge of €2 / day and maximum charge 25,00 €. The first child seat is free of charge!
- Booster seat – Suitable for children from 4 years with an additional charge of €1 / day and maximum charge 15,00 €. The first Booster seat is free of charge!
- Additional driver: the first additional driver is free of charge. For even more drivers, the cost is €1 per day.
- Night Delivery: Between 22:30 and 08:00 there is an extra charge of 15€.
Insurance Policy of Europe rent a car:
Full Insurance against All Risks 100% (CDW)
Customer is fully relieved from the responsibility for any damage. The vehicles are subject to liability and fully comprehensive automobile and property damage insurance.
* Negligent Driving: In case of negligent driving there is no insurance cover:
– The vehicle is operated on unpaved roads, mountainous paths or in the field (for example path to Balos is prohibited).
– The vehicle is operated outside the rental duration (or a previously agreed extension of that).
– The vehicle is wilfully damaged by the renter.
– The vehicle is used in a competition or the vehicle is used to transport persons or objects for money.
– The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
– The renter violates the traffic regulations (traffic signs, speed limits).
Personal Accident Insurance(PI):
P.A.I. insurance is covering the passengers in the hire car and the driver.
Full Damage Waiver (FDW) & (WUG-A):
which covers damages caused to the underside of the cars, glass-windscreens, tyres-wheels, Airbags and engine damages Insurance.
Theft insurance (TP):
The cars are always insured against thieves 100%, but not the clients’ personal belongings. Note though, that in case of a stolen car, you need to have the car keys to your possession.
Public Liability Insurance (PL):
up to 750.000 euro for persons and up to 750.000 euro for damaged properties.
Loss of car keys:
The client is not covered in case of loss or stolen car keys, the cost of car keys weighs on the client
The client is fully covered for damages caused on Glass parts of the car 100%.
Car rental Terms:
There is no cancellation penalty. Renter can cancel the reservation anytime for free. It is preferable though, if possible, to give us a 24hrs notice.
Car has to be returned with the same quantity of petrol or diesel when picked up.
Occasionally, we may have to provide a different vehicle than the one you booked (of same or better category, unless strongly requested otherwise), at the same price.
In case of accident:
The first thing you have to do is to contact Europe rent a car by phone about the incident – the sooner the better so we can help instantly. Take photographs of the car and any other vehicles or of the site if this is relevant. The nearest police station must be informed to reach the accident’s location and get the names and addresses of everyone involved. Later, they will ask you to fill in an accident report form. If your car is not drivable we will bring you a similar one as soon as possible.
Tickets and appended administrative sanctions resulting from any violation of the Greek Traffic law during the rental period, are solely the renter’s responsibility and paid by the renter.
If any such administrative sanction is not disclosed to the company at the end of the rental period (contract), the violation will be charged to the renter.